To ensure our students' continued success after they return home, each family is provided with a Aftercare Program. Beginning one month before a student is scheduled to graduate, our transition experts develop an agreement that is specifically designed to support the student in achieving stability and improving both academic and behavioral functioning. A professional will assist with the home transition via parent coaching and mentoring to ensure lasting change. Follow up will continue for two months after the child returns home.
The Aftercare Program:
- A written plan facilitated by the professionals in conjunction with the student and parents
- Review of all current educational and psychological information
- Behavioral and academic goals
- Includes clear-cut rewards and consequences for each identified goal
- A minimum of two months of monitoring and weekly phone check ins
- Allows for seamless support of geographically distant families via video conferencing, telephone support, etc.)
Why it works:
- It's based on behavioral approaches and learning theory.
- It capitalizes on the strengths of the student.
- Both student and parent are involved in plan development.
- There are clear rewards and consequences.
- It's supportive of traditional tutoring and therapy.
- On-going monitoring and fine-tuning are provided.